Communications Department and Government Affairs Department
Part Time (20 hours per week), June 1, 2021 – July 31, 2021
$15 per hour
Vice-President, Communications and Vice-President, Government Affairs
ORANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: In Our Own Voice: National Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda is seeking two Summer Interns to work in the Communications Department and in the Government Affairs Department.
In Our Own Voice is the only national Black women’s reproductive justice organization. Our goal is to increase and highlight the leadership of Black women on reproductive health, rights, and justice issues. In Our Own Voice is a national-state partnership with eight Black women’s organizations: Black Women for Wellness, Black Women’s Health Imperative, New Voices for Reproductive Justice, SisterLove, Inc., SisterReach, SPARK Reproductive Justice NOW, The Afiya Center, and Women With a Vision.
As a Reproductive Justice organization, In Our Own Voice approaches these policy issues from a human rights perspective, incorporating the intersections of race, gender, class, sexual orientation and gender identity with the situational impacts of economics, politics and culture that make up the lived experiences of Black women in America.
- Assist with digital and editorial content creation (social media posts, website content, blogs, campaigns, videos, etc.)
- Research and set up digital image storage system
- Edit and format images and videos for social media and website
- Take notes during meetings
- Attend weekly Communications team meetings and bi-weekly organization-wide staff meetings
- General administrative and communications support as assigned.
- Research and track issue specific legislation and regulations
- Draft, update or write blogs and fact sheets
- Assist with organizing and reviewing current documents
- Attend weekly Government Affairs team meetings and bi-weekly organization-wide staff meetings.
Pursuing a BA/BS degree
Prefer junior or senior, but will consider other class levels
Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
How To Apply:
Please send the following to the attention of Human Resources, Bettye Brentley, Vice President of Finance and HR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in the cover letter the position for which you are applying.
Please submit materials in Word or PDF:
- Cover letter
- 2 writing samples. You may include links to the writing samples
All inquiries and applications will be kept confidential. Interviews will be on a rolling basis so applicants should get their materials in as soon as possible.
In Our Own Voice: National Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda is an equal opportunity organization.