In Our Own Voice: National Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda (blackrj.org or In Our Own Voice) is a project of Communications Consortium Media Center (CCMC). The Communications Consortium Media Center is dedicated to protecting your privacy and the personal information that you provide to us when using this website. We will not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease any personal information collected at this site to third parties. We will not disclose our email lists to third parties. Our Web sites do not track visitors through the use of “cookies” or other tracking devices.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Voluntarily Submitted Data
We may collect Voluntarily Submitted Data, including personal data, that you voluntarily provide, such as your name and postal address, phone number, email address, and similar information, when you participate in certain activities on BlackRJ.org, including (but not limited to) when you:
- Sign up for our In Our Own Voice e-mail network;
- Participate in one of our online petitions or surveys; or
- Participate in any activity that requires your voluntarily submitted data.
How We Use the Data We Collect
In addition to the uses described above, we use Automatically Collected Data to identify the source of user traffic (for example, umich.edu, or aol.com), but we do not tie this information to individual users in our database. We use data on which sections of BlackRJ.org are most visited, so that we can evaluate the popularity of our different web pages and continue to improve the site.
We Use Your Voluntarily Submitted Data for Various
- To fulfill the request for which you specifically provided the data, including sharing the data with its intended recipient (e.g., delivering a petition you
sign or a letter you wish to send to the recipient of the petition or letter);
- To periodically communicate with you concerning In Our Own Voice: National
Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda matters, such as delivering
to you information and updates on our activities and action alerts, if you
have not opted out of receiving such information and updates;
- To indicate you as the author of any comment you post when you opt to
identify yourself as the author or when posting such comment requires
such identification, and to display any personally identifying or other
information you voluntarily include in such comments;
- To offer you other ways to support the “In Our Own Voice” activities, including
solicitations for additional contributions if you have not opted out of
receiving such communications;
- To confirm your donation in support the work of “In Our Own Voice.”